July 23, 2012

How to lock computer in Remote Desktop Connection?

June 25, 2012 by
Filed under: Tips And Tricks 
To some people, the apparent lack of the computer locking function during Remote Desktop Connection is a major flaw. This would be the case, if it were true. Though the standard “Windows key + L” does not work during a Remote Desktop Connection, you have the ability to save a shortcut to your desktop that will allow you to lock the computer.
I really love the Windows Remote Desktop Connection. No matter what critics are saying, Microsoft usually deliver the best in the software business.
When I remote to the server, sometimes I want to leave for a while and I want that computer to be locked. I’ve tried Windows+L, but it’s not working anymore.
So I googled about it. Now I’ve got the solution. It is quite easy to do that. Simply create shortcut as follow.
  1. Right-click on your desktop, select “New,” then “Shortcut.”
  2. Type “rundll32 user32.dll,LockWorkStation” into the “Type the location of the item” text field, then click “Next.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment